David brings 25 years of experience as a Management Consultant and Chartered Accountant with extensive experience of central government and aerospace and defence sectors gained within both big 4 and niche strategy consultancies.
- Specialist in business case development, investment appraisal and decision support for large scale and complex programmes
- Secondments to the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and UK Atomic Energy Authority
- 7 years of line financial management roles in the aerospace industry, including costing and pricing of non-competitive defence contracts
- Recent focus on advising private and public sector clients in the development of cost estimates and associated financial models in support of defence and health care bids
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (England & Wales) – a multiple prize winner in all exams – and a member of its Finance and Management faculty
- Commercial Structuring: Development of suitable commercial structures for deals in both the public and private sectors;
- Procurement Evaluation and Cost Assurance: Management of the procurement of information systems, evaluation of the cost elements of commercial bids for major public sector contracts and advising private sector clients on public sector bid evaluation;
- Investment Appraisal: Development of investment appraisals in support of acquisitions, strategic options analysis and private and public sector business cases;
- Business Case Development: Development and review of initial and full business cases, supporting economic and financial models and associated OGC gateway reviews on behalf of Government clients – for example HM Revenue & Customs, Home Office, Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Justice;
- Financial Modelling: Design and development of financial models for both public and private sector clients in support of strategy options analysis, bid development, business planning and procurement evaluation;
- Risk Management: Risk and uncertainty analysis and reporting in support of major programmes and business developments in the public and private sectors;
- Financial Management: Application of extensive knowledge of public sector financial management (accounting and budgeting) to the assessment of the affordability of private sector bids to the public sector;
- Strategy: Development of strategic problems, hypotheses and the analysis of internal and external information sources to develop cogent arguments for a chosen strategic path.